- CloudBuddy Personal 220.127.116.11 version and above supports "AWS Import/Export" plug-in which enables user to send/receive data via a device using the AWS Import/Export service.
- On successful installation, users will be able to view AWS Import/Export button in the CloudBuddy Personal tool bar as shown below.
- AWS Import/Export plug-in provides flexibility to access multiple AWS Accounts.
- The operations performed by the Plug-in and its overview are briefly explained below.
- The screen shows the operations and the service type (Import/Export) that can be selected.
- Import – Import service allows you upload bulk data by using your portable storage device.
- Export – Export service allows you to download the bulk data from your cloud using portable storage device.
- Import/Export Plug-in allows users to perform following operations
- Import Job
|1||Create Jobt||This option helps you to create a manifest file which contains the Import/Export details and enables to generate a job ID.|
|2||List Job||This option retrieves the list of already existing Jobs that were created.|
|3||Update Job||This option helps you to modify the manifest file, after sending the device to AWS and generates a new job id.|
|4||Get Status||This option gives you the status of the Import/Export Job.|
|5||Cancel Job||This option enables you to cancel the specified Import/Export job|
The steps to create a job ID are given below
- 1. In the AWS Import/Export Main window shown above select the Import service type and Create Job Operation and click Next
- 2. In the Create Manifest File screen below fill the details required.
- Click here to view details of Import Manifest file parameters
- Export Job
- 1. In the AWS Import/Export Main window shown above select the Export service type and Create Job Operation and click Next
- 2. In the Create Manifest File screen fill the details required.
- Click here to view details of Export Manifest file parameters
- AWS Import/Export Return Shipping Address
- The return Address needs to be specified so that the device is shipped back after Import/Export.
- The Validate Only Option just validates the manifest details and verifies device and gives a dummy JOBID.
- 1. In the AWS Import/Export Main window select any service type and List of Job Operations and then Click Next
- 2. This option helps you to retrieve the list of various jobs (JOBID) that are in progress along with their status as shown below.
- 3. The Job List contains the JOBID, its date of creation, the job type and status.
- The successful creation of manifest file generates a Job ID with which the user can do various operations such as Update/Cancel/List/Status.
- Also the List of Jobs can be obtained when you right click on the list and choose to view either AWS Import/Export jobs or all the jobs as shown below.
- 1. After sending the device to AWS, if you need to modify the manifest file with corrections or changes, then you can update the job using this option.
- 2. In the AWS Import/Export Main window select service type and Update Job Operation and then Click Next
- 3. It retrieves the list of all existing jobs.
- 4. To update/change the manifest file either the manifest file location can be specified or a new manifest file can be created for the selected Job from the List displayed.
- 5. Creating new manifest file option will take you back to Create Manifest File screen.
- 1. The get status operation helps in retrieving the status of an AWS Import/Export job.
- 2. In the AWS Import/Export Main window select service type and Get Status Operation and then Click Next
- 3. The Progress is displayed below for the Job selected.
- 1. The cancel job operation facilitates cancellation of selected Import/Export job.
- 2. In the AWS Import/Export Main window select service type and Cancel Job Operation and then Click Next
- 3. Any Job from the Job list is selected to be cancelled.